Part-Time Technology Program Trainer
PART-TIME PROGRAM TRAINER JOB DESCRIPTION
Compudopt’s mission is to provide technology education and access to under-resourced youth. This position serves as a trainer for our educational programming for high school students in the Permian Basin area. Trainers will report directly to the National Program Manager. This role is anticipated to require 10 - 15 hours per week of instruction and may span mornings, afternoons, and evenings depending on partner requirements. Please be aware that programming may be facilitated in-person or virtually depending on partner requirements.
- Leads training classes for elementary, middle, or high school youth –training will be provided to specialize in one or more age groups depending on experience.
- Delivers programs in line with developed curriculum.
- Actively engages with students to ensure their learning and knowledge retention.
- Facilitates a strong classroom culture through authentic relationships with students and consistent behavior management.
- Provides feedback and suggestions on curriculum and program revision.
- Collects classroom information including attendance as well as metric and measurement reports to ensure the continuous improvement and quality of the program.
- Maintains safe and healthy training environment by following organization standards and legal regulations.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant or related field (preferred) or pursuing a degree in relevant or related field.
- At least 18 years of age
- Basic computer use and programming knowledge/experience
- Knowledgeable and experienced in teaching/training technology or STEM-related programming (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and implement population-appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience working with children in a training, summer camp, and/or after school environment (strongly preferred).
- Interest in STEAM fields, particularly technology
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications (preferred but not required)
Compudopt provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Compudopt complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter or apply through our website at compudopt.org/careers. This position is subject to successfully passing a background check and requires two references. Please include the name, phone number, and email of references with resume.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- 4 hour shift
- After school
- Weekend availability
Employees must wear masks during program and while at community sites. Vaccinated employees are required to send proof of full COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.
Unvaccinated employees are required to take COVID-19 tests weekly and submit the results to HR.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location