Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete Academic Services
Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete Academic Services Thank you for your interest in Loyola University Chicago. To view open positions, please enter your search criteria below. You may view all open positions by not specifying any search criteria and selecting the "Search" button. Bookmark this Posting | Print Preview | Apply for this Job
Job Title ASSOC ATHLETICS DIR FOR ACADEMICS
Position Number 8101355
Job Category University Staff
Job Type Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Campus Rogers Park-Lake Shore Campus
Department Name ACADEMIC ADVISING & SERVICES
Location Code ACADEMIC ADVISING & SERVICES (02043A)
Is this split and/or fully grant funded? Yes
Duties and Responsibilities
The Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete Academic Services ( SAAS ) leads and implements the day-to-day operations of the student-athlete academic support program within Student Academic Services ( SAS ) and the Athletics Department, including oversight of academic advising and student-athlete development and leadership programming; Using a holistic student development approach, the Associate Athletics Director oversees the academic advising program for designated teams and oversees and assigns remaining teams to full-time academic advising staff.
General Areas of Responsibility:
· Academic support
· Academic advising
· Degree progress monitoring
· Student-Athlete Advisory Council ( SAAC )
· Community service
· Career development
· Student-athlete development
Role and Responsibilities:
· Empowers student-athletes in the development of a meaningful academic and co-curricular plan within the Jesuit tradition.
· Develops, implements, and supervises academic support services for student-athletes including providing reports to student-athletes, coaches, and administration.
· Works with Athletics Compliance office to monitor academic performance, student compliance with academic requirements, progress toward degree requirements.
· Coordinates and implements individualized academic plans for designated student-athletes, including tutoring and study schedules. Monitors student compliance and progress with academic success plans and addresses transition issues for student-athletes
· Assists students with decision-making for academic majors and programs.
· Collaborates with Academic Advisors of the university’s Schools and Colleges regarding student-athlete progress and academic course schedules.
· Conducts recruiting sessions with prospective student-athletes and their families during official on-campus visits; assists with special events, honors and awards programs, and the development and maintenance of the student-athlete handbook.
· Develops appropriate interventions to address productivity and/or academic deficiencies.
· Assists with new-student orientation programs.
· Supervises student-athlete academic advising staff, including professional staff and graduate/undergraduate hourly student employees.
· Serves as a primary academic advisor for selected teams, assisting students in developing a meaningful academic and co-curricular plan within the Jesuit educational tradition:
- Directly advises students through one-on-one appointments in-person and virtually, as well as interacting frequently via email.
- Teaches section(s) of UNIV 101 First-Year Seminar for Student-Athletes.
- Provides additional support to students in academic distress/on probation in accordance with academic policies; refers students needing additional support to appropriate campus offices and resources.
- Maintains accurate student records using various software and student success technology platforms.
- Communicates degree requirements, academic policies (including FERPA ) to students, parents, and faculty.
· Participates in Student Academic Services signature programs, events, and activities, including but not limited to: New Student Orientation, New Student Convocation, finals week exam proctoring, Admission open houses, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and/or Work Experience
Master’s degree and 4-6 years of direct experience in the academic advising of student-athletes.
Master’s degree and 3-5 years of direct experience in the academic advising of student-athletes.
Understanding of NCAA requirements as they relate to undergraduate/graduate student-athletes.
Computer literacy in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Access, Excel, etc.), SIS (PeopleSoft), student success technology platforms (e.g., EAB Navigate), e-mail, and other university software.
Supervisory Responsibilities Yes
Required operation of university owned vehicles No
Does this position require direct animal or patient contact? No
Physical Demands None
Working Conditions Irregular Hours
Open Date 11/17/2022
Special Instructions to Applicants
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
As one of the nation’s largest Jesuit, Catholic universities, Loyola University Chicago fosters a transformative cultural experience that honors diversity, equity, and inclusion (https://www.luc.edu/diversityandinclusion/) . We are committed to not only recruiting, but also retaining a diverse, mission driven workforce and enabling a culture of inclusiveness in an environment that values service excellence, stewardship, personal well-being, and professional development for all of our employees. Loyola University Chicago supports its staff and faculty with a wide array of affordable, comprehensive and competitive benefits (https://cld.bz/c/sy7N6a?utm\_medium=email&utm\_source=transactional&utm\_campaign=CldBz-Share-Collection) centered on health and wellness, financial security, equity, and work-life balance. We actively seek those who wish to join our faculty, staff, and students in a community of diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds supporting our Jesuit mission and striving toward the same goal of being persons for and with others.
Quick Link for Posting https://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/22785
Similar lead academic advisor jobs in chicago il
- lead academic advisor jobs jobs near me
- athletics jobs near me
- 2022-2023 Academic Advisor at The Chicago High School for the Arts
- College Success Advisor at Bottom Line
- Student Success Advisor at National Louis University
- Director of Academic Advising at The Art Institute of Chicago
- International Student Advisor at Illinois Institute of Technology
- Associate Athletics Director for Student-Athlete Academic Services at Loyola University Chicago
- Director of Academic Advising and New Student Orientation at Triton College