Patient Care Assistant- General Medicine- Full Time- NIGHTS
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our passion.
*Hiring Incentive $5,000**
Performs specified patient care activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed a formal nurse aide course;
- Must hold a current certified nurse aide registry;
- Must hold a current medical assistant certificate;
- Must be a currently enrolled in an accredited school of professional nursing and must have documentation of basic fundamentals of nursing from the school;
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing;
- Must successfully complete Parklands 8-week job specific training program.
-Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient care skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with departmental personnel of other departments, nurses, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. As part of our commitment to our patients and employees' wellness, Parkland Health is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.