This position assumes responsibilities for nutritional care of patients through assessing nutritional needs and developing care plans to meet patient needs. The dietitian also provides appropriate nutrition education and maintains current knowledge of the profession to provide optimal nutrition to all patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counsels inpatients, outpatients and their families in medical nutrition therapy and adapts diet plans to meet specific individual needs.
- Develops and implements plans for nutrition care based on screening and assessment of nutritional needs.
- Monitors calorie and protein intake when indicated and takes appropriate action by recommending additional and/or alternative routines of nutritional support. Writes tube feeding orders following accepted guidelines. Evaluates and uses information on nutritional supplements/indications for use and product composition.
- Documents nutrition assessment, intervention, education and follow-up in the medical record. Uses International Dietetics and Nutrition Terminology (IDNT) and the nutrition care process when documenting patient care.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Participates on parenteral nutrition services team; works with pharmacist to provide recommendations for parenteral nutrition orders.
Participates in medical care team's rounds, discharge planning conferences, committees and staff meetings.
Participates in the education and training of new personnel, residents and dietetic interns.
Compiles reports and maintains records in accordance with established policies.
Participates in nutrition education presentations for external MyMichigan Health customers.
Provides in-services and continuing education for the Food and Nutrition Department and other hospital personnel.
Interprets the physicians' diet orders accurately and modifies the therapeutic menu to comply with the patients' preferences within the limitations imposed by the diet order.
Plans therapeutic menus for patient food service; integrating modified menus with routine house diets.
Attends continuing education programs and maintains registered dietitian certification via continuing education as required by CDR.
Provides for the age specific needs of the population served according to department standards and policies/procedures as evidenced by observation, documentation and peer feedback for the following: Neonate/Infant, Toddler, Child, Adolescent, Adult and Later Adult.
Complies with MyMichigan Health policies and procedures.
Other Duties as assigned.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
DIETICIAN - Registered Dietitian Required Equivalent Experience - Registered Dietitian or Registered Dietitian Eligible candidate. RD eligible candidates must show proof of Registration within 90 days of hire date to continue employment.
Education: Bachelors Degree
Comments: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Dietetics or other with an ASCEND (Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics) accredited program culminating in registration by CDR.
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND SKILLS:
Ability to work independently to produce desired results.
Interpersonal skills needed to communicate successfully with individuals and groups and interact with people at all levels to communicate ideas and concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
MyMichigan Health is a technology driven organization and employees need to demonstrate competency in Microsoft Windows.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Exposure to stressful situations, including those involving public contact, as well as, trauma, grief and death.
Able to wear personal protective equipment that includes latex materials or appropriate substitute if required for your position.
Can move freely about facility with or without an assisted device and must be able to perform the functions of the job as outlined in the job description.
Overall vision and hearing are necessary with or without assisted device(s).
Frequently required to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time. May require frequent postural changes such as stooping, kneeling or crouching.
Some exposure to blood borne pathogens and other potentially infectious material. Must follow MyMichigan Health bloodborne pathogen and TB testing as required.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, get along with others, work independently, regular and predictable attendance and ability to stay awake.
Overall dexterity is required including handling, reaching, grasping, fingering and feeling. May require repetition of these movements on a regular to frequent basis.
Physical Demand Level: Light. Must be able to occasionally (0-33% of the workday) lift or carry 11-20 lbs., frequently (34-66% of the workday) 10 lbs. and or Walk/Stand/Push/Pull of Arm/Leg controls.]]>
Similar patient dining jobs in midland mi
- patient dining jobs jobs near me
- dietitian jobs near me
- Dining and Catering Aide - Now Hiring at MyMichigan Health
- Service Team at Gratzi
- Restaurant General Manager at Benihana Midland Michigan
- Host / Hostess at Gratzi
- Temp - RN - Operating Room (Days) Midland, MI. Job in Midland Gr8Jobs at Totalmed
- OR Tech Job in Midland, MI at AB Staffing Solutions, LLC
- Kitchen Prep at Bob Evans