Associate Athletics Director for Academic Services
Manage the daily operations of the academic services area of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, providing guidance and academic assistance to student-athletes and staff while effectively collaborating with internal and external constituents to facilitate academic success.
- Develop and execute strategies designed to strengthen academic support services for all student-athletes pursuant to university, conference, and NCAA rules. Ensure admissions requirements and satisfactory academic progress are met for all incoming and continuing student-athletes.
- Manages the daily operations of the student-athlete academic services unit, including supervision of staff. In conjunction with Sr. Associate AD, develops, interprets, and implements policies related to academic matters as guided by university, conference, NCAA and athletic department mandates, eligibility, requirements, and resolutions.
- Directs, implements, and evaluates advising activities for all student-athletes and conducts all advising activities for assigned student-athletes; provides guidance on student-athlete’s choice of field of study; interprets and communicates academic policies and procedures to coaches, students, and staff.
- Oversees the athletics policies and procedures in regards to the university admissions process. Provides advice and makes recommendations to coaches on the academic potential of prospective student- athletes.
- Supervises the compilation, analysis and publication of academic data and reports as required the NCAA, conference, university, and athletic department.
6. Acts as the department's liaison with university administration and faculty on academic matters related to student-athletes.
- Serve as spokesperson/ambassador for the Athletics Department and the University of Houston. At all times and in all settings represent the Department and University in a way that positively reflects and grows affinity for all things UH.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to do education in lieu of experience.
Salary: 5,792.00 - 7,675.00
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits
Job Posting: Nov 23, 2022, 10:41:34 AM
Similar assistant director jobs in league city tx
- assistant director jobs jobs near me
- athletics jobs near me
- Preschool Center Director at Ivy Kids Early Learning Center
- Administrative assistant at Clear Creek Independent School District
- Preschool Assistant Director at Kids 'R' Kids #62 TX
- Assistant Director for Fitness & Wellness at Rice University
- Director of Life Enrichment/Activities/Events at The Delaney at South Shore
- Hotel Sales Manager (EXPERIENCED) at south shore harbour resort
- Assistant Food Service Director at Trinity Services Group