Clinical Psychologist / Trauma Specialist (Licensed)
About Turning Leaf Therapy
*Interested applicants should sumbit a CV and cover letter describing the intersectional positionalities you occupy (if you feel comfortable sharing), interest and experience providng trauma-informed care and treating relational, complex, and/or developmental trauma, PTSD, and/or dissociative disorders, as well as preferred theoritical orientation.
Turning Leaf Therapy is a thriving and growing private practice located in Old City, Philadelphia. We are a group of highly skilled therapists passionate about and dedicated to providing exceptional trauma-informed care to children, adolescents, and adults with a variety of presenting issues. While all our therapists have their own approach and areas of interest and specialization, we all share a fundamental understanding of the impacts of trauma and/or early adverse life experiences, the many ways in which these impacts can “show up” and, the importance of addressing this through the potential healing power of the therapeutic relationship.
We take a team approach and actively work towards cultivating the following core values within our work community:
- Relationships: The core of our psychotherapy practice is built on relationships - between our patients and our therapists, and between our therapists with each other. We believe that these relationships are the key to providing high-quality, effective care.
- Recognition of Trauma: We understand that everyone has experienced some form of trauma (or adverse life event) and that this trauma may have a lasting impact on their lives. We strive to recognize the signs and symptoms of trauma and to provide deep and meaningful therapeutic experiences beyond symptom management.
- Inclusion: We are committed to creating, nurturing, and advancing a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization. We actively seek to hire therapists of diverse backgrounds and identities, to improve our multicultural competence, and to maintain an environment that promotes a sense of safety, understanding, and belonging for all.
- Life-long Learning: We are committed to continuously learning and expanding our knowledge and skill sets so that we can provide the best possible care for our clients. We live this value by actively engaging in high-quality training, supervision, and peer consultation. We strive to be humble, self-reflective, and acknowledge our growth areas while taking steps to learn, grow, and self-improve.
What we are looking for
We are looking for prime candidates who demonstrate a strong interest in being an active part of a group of therapists and that share in our commitment to the practice’s values. Ideal candidates will want to contribute to and receive from the “work-family” environment, through peer interactions, consultations, training, and social events organized by the practice.
Clinically, we are seeking a PA licensed psychologist with a demonstrated history of interest and experience in treating relational trauma, developmental trauma, complex trauma, PTSD, and/or dissociative disorders. Training and experience in Relational Psychotherapy, Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, Multi-Cultural, Feminist, Attachment-Focused, IFS, Somatic-Based, EMDR, and/or Emotion-Focused therapies preferred.
Although the practice is focused on providing trauma-specific services, there is ample opportunity to work with a variety of presenting problems, levels of symptom severity, and alternative areas of specialization (e.g., anxiety, depression, eating disorders, couples/family work, etc.).
We are an equal opportunity employer and seeking to diversify our current team of therapists. We encourage BIPOC/POC, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and applicants with multiple intersectional identities to apply.
Job Description and Requirements
- This is a Full-Time, W2 position, with a strong benefits package
- Must schedule at least 25 clients per week plus additional time for clinical documentation and weekly consultation meetings
- Must hold an active PA license (Psychologist)
- Hybrid or all in-person preferred, but telehealth only is acceptable
Therapists are provided with
- A competitive (higher than the industry average) compensation rate for direct client hours
- Paid staff meetings and group consultation meetings
- A newly renovated, beautifully decorated, fully furnished office suite
- Billing and insurance tasks handled for you
- Laptop and electronic medical records system
- Flexible, clinician-determined schedule
- Autonomy and choice of patient referrals
- Healthy, friendly, and supportive “work-family” culture
- Practice-funded CE opportunities
- Peer consultation and formal case presentations
- Individual consultation (as needed)
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
- Commuter savings account
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Professional development assistance
- Professional liability insurance
- Peer consultation meetings (paid)
- Quarterly CEs (paid)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $76,000.00 - $145,000.00 per year
- Self-determined schedule
Work Location: One location