Dietitian II (Bilingual) - Now Hiring
Kaiser La Mirada, CA
bilingual nutrition education develops health community spp nutrition education procedures written care plans screening assessment
March 18, 2023
La Mirada, CA
Provides nutrition education and clinical services within established guidelines.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanentes Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.
- Participates in establishing department strategic goals and priorities.
- Assesses member needs, establishes priorities, designs, develops, recommends, updates, implements and evaluates programs, curriculum, materials (written and audiovisual), protocols, procedures and standards for health/nutrition education.
- Plans, participates and evaluates community events and coordinates use of community resources as appropriate.
- Implements nutrition care plans to include follow-up and referrals to government, community and/or other Kaiser Permanente facilities for continuity of nutrition care.
- Educates/counsels members, family and caregivers regarding health and nutrition on an individual or group setting (classes).
- Develops meal plans as appropriate to meet members lifestyle, socio-economic background, age, culture, diagnosis and religious affiliation.
- Consults and educates physicians and other healthcare providers regarding member and population specific nutrition/health related issues.
- Participates in multidisciplinary care teams and committees.
- Collects data, plans, prepares and implements reports for performance improvement and/or quality assurance audits.
- Develops grants and proposals for health/nutrition programs.
- Plans, conducts and evaluates in-service education programs for department staff, the multidisciplinary care team and physicians.
Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) as appropriate:
- Provides high quality, evidence-based, efficient, customer-focused MNT, including nutrition screening, assessment, care planning and education for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- Develops, implements, and monitors ongoing plan of care based on the screening and assessment of the patient specific nutrition care plans/education and based on the patients age, nutrition and psychosocial status, diagnosis, cultural background and religious affiliation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Food/Nutrition or related field.
- Masters Degree in related field and/or Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD),or Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC), Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR), Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP), or Fellow of the American Dietetic Association (FADA).
License, Certification, Registration
- Registered Dietitian within 6 months of hire
- National Provider Identifier required at hire
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mainframe and personal computing systems.
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership Environment.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian (RD), as confirmed by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- Pre-RDs may be considered if: candidate has completed the Supervised Practice Program (SPP) for RDs, AND not more than six (6) months has passed since completing the SPP, AND candidate has not previously failed the RD registration exam, AND candidate must become a RD within six (6) months of completing the SPP to comply with California Law.
- Bilingual (Spanish) Level II required.
- Previous individual, small group and large group/classroom training/teaching experience.
- May work some Saturdays.
- May work some Evening variable hours.
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months) or be active in the QBS program.
Job Category: Dietitians & Nutrition Services
Report this job
Similar jobs near me
- Tips for Securing a Job in Engineering Teaching
- The Role of an Engineering Teacher: Developing Tomorrow's Technologists
- The Path to Teaching with an Bachelor's Engineering Degree
- Become a Champion of Engineering Education: Essential Knowledge for Teachers
- How to Turn Your Engineering Degree into a Teaching Career