Psychiatric Registered Nurse
Provides nursing care through physical and mental assessments, laboratory testing, treatment plans and therapeutic treatments. Knowledgeable of a wide range of disorders; cognitive, emotional, developmental, social and behavioral. Performs crisis intervention.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of client including, pediatric and adolescent population
- Ability to perform nursing assessments on all clients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric and adolescent client population.
- Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the client and family regarding pain management.
- Performs thorough client psychiatric interviews.
- Continuously observes client's behavior, mental status and activities.
- Formulates and implements client treatment plans; family is included when appropriate.
- Follows Professional Crisis management procedures accurately when needed.
- Knowledgeable of medications including psychotropic drugs and their correct administration based on the age of the client and their clinical condition.
Education and Licensing:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
Knowledge and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of three (3) years’ prior experience in patient care services or new graduate with Bachelors Level Education
- Current CA RN License
Skills and Abilities:
- Properly demonstrates the techniques for searching a room; has a good working knowledge of the procedures for room searches, and ensures room searches are conducted on a weekly basis.
- Follows the unit program and is familiar with the policies and procedures for the unit.
- Completes annual educational requirements and maintains regulatory requirements.
- Confers with members of the treatment team for the benefit of the client.
- Completes documentation in a timely manner, organizes information in a logical manner with entries containing the required information and details. Documentation is legible and is grammatically correct.
- Accepts feedback in a positive manner and applies it to improve performance and further learning.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Coordinates and supervises client care.
- Performs client care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for the client’s age.
- Follows all safety procedures; is alert to changing situations and contributes to preventing opportunities for danger to develop.
- Follows safety procedures in a calm manner and responds quickly when an alarm sounds or a code is announced.
- Speaks with authority in a calm and clear voice, uses proper selection of words and has knowledge of when and how to use them.
- Communicates with all customers (family, referral sources, caseworkers, etc) in a professional manner; is service oriented; and is courteous, friendly, and empathetic.
- Exhibits calm and controlled attitude; does not overreact to allow his/her own actions to further deteriorate the situation.
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner; directs calls appropriately, and takes messages.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
While performing the duties of this job, this position is frequently required to do the following:
- Use standard office equipment and access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Use computer keyboard with manual and finger dexterity and wrist-finger speed sufficient to perform repetitive actions efficiently for extended periods of time.
- Communicate effectively in person or via telephone in a manner which can be understood by those with whom the person is speaking, including a diverse population.
- Give and follow verbal and written instructions with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform complex mental functions and basic arithmetic functions; interpret complex laws, regulations, and policies; collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
- Vision: see details of objects at close range.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Reach forward, up, down, and to the side.
- Sit or stand for minimum periods of one hour at a time and come and go from the work area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Lift up to five (5) pounds.
*Please keep in mind that our facility will be requiring employees to be vaccinated for covid. I will need you to supply documentation that you have been vaccinated*
401k Retirement Plan
Healthcare Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Life Insurance (Supplemental Life, Term and Universal plans are also available)
Short and Long-Term Disability (with additional buy-opportunities)