Director of Athletics
Moraine Valley Community College Palos Hills, Illinois
director athletics athletics leadership management director intercollegiate athletics administration education procedures student development compliance regulations
January 13, 2023
Moraine Valley Community College
Palos Hills, Illinois
Under the general direction of the Vice President of Student Development, the Director of Athletics provides leadership for the department, and responsibility for overall operation, including intercollegiate, intramural, and related programs, as well as coordination of all athletic facilities.
The Director is responsible for compliance with Federal Regulations and NJCAA rules (including the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act and Title IX) and is required to (a) demonstrate strong management and communication skills; (b) understand the role of athletics within the college structure and its relation to the educational mission; � advocate academic success of students participating in intercollegiate athletics.
The Director is dedicated to the learning college concepts by developing/coordinating programs and facilitating activities that promote student success and lifelong learning.
- Provide overall leadership in the development, administration, and evaluation of a comprehensive intercollegiate athletic goals, sport offerings, and impact on athletes academic success.
- Develop and recommend an operating budget for each intercollegiate sport and update short- and long-term plans for the purchase and maintenance of equipment and supplies list for Athletics.
- Oversee, prepare, and submit all required reports, including DOE Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Report, ICCB reviews, and Compliance.
- Provide leadership on effective recruitment, retention, and completion plan for athletes.
- Serve as the official college representative to the Skyway Conference Athletic Directors and the Board of Control, NJCAA, and Region IV Athletic Directors.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications department on departmental promotion, marketing, and publicity, scheduled program announcements, web site accuracy, information, updates, and postings for the college, conference, regional, and NJCAA websites.
- Collaborate with the Foundation Office on fundraising opportunities for the department.
- Advise the Vice President on trends and other pertinent matters as it relates to intercollegiate athletics.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Vice President of Student Development to advance the college mission.
Master s Degree in education, business administration and supervision or appropriate field and a minimum of three (3) years of successful experience in Athletic Administration preferably in a community college and a minimum of one year experience determining and submitting NJCAA eligibility for student athletes.
Must be knowledgeable on NJCAA eligibility rules.
- Working knowledge in all facets of a broad athletic programs including budget management, long range planning and staff evaluation or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong and consistent record of successful working relations with students, faculty, staff, and outside agencies, as well as excellent written and verbal communication with ability to work with diverse constituencies and communities.
- Strong leadership skills combined with high energy and enthusiasm; willingness to use innovative and creative approaches.
- Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of management principles and practices; facilities and asset management methods and procedures; rules and regulations governing intercollegiate athletics; and public relations principles and practices.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings and travel off campus.
- Ability to lead, supervise and train employees.
General Hours: M-F, 8:00-5:15 p.m.
Hours may vary, including some evenings and weekends
Off-campus travel required
Minimum Starting Rate
Review of Applications Begins
Posting Detail Information
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please apply with required materials on application site jobs.morainevalley.edu. Please do not use a third party site.
For questions, contact the Office of Human Resources at 708-974-5704 or [email protected]
Report this job