School-Based Wellness and Training Liaison- Geauga and Lake Counties
Part-Time and Full-Time Opportunities Available!
Applewood Centers is a private, nonprofit agency providing mental health services, social services and education to children, adolescents and families. Dedicated to addressing a variety of behavioral, emotional and learning problems, we provide a continuum of care from outpatient counseling to residential treatment.
The School Based Wellness and Training Liaison provides prevention and early intervention services to students in designated School Districts. Services are provided on-site in the schools and/or virtually. Services are designed to help manage, prevent, and decrease the incidence of social and mental health problems such as depression, grief/loss or anxiety. Staff will support youth in developing healthy coping strategies using a trauma-informed approach. This position requires minimal documentation, but does not have a productivity expectation. Program operates on a school-year schedule.
Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with school administrators and staff to assist with managing social, behavioral, emotional and environmental issues that impact students’ success.
- Conduct skill-building groups with identified students.
- Serve as a resource for school administrators and staff on topics of mental and behavioral health and provide consultation as needed.
- Train school administrators and staff in de-escalation and behavior management strategies, using a trauma-informed approach.
- Provide linkage to resources, referrals, and psychoeducation to students and their families as related to mental health and behavioral issues.
- Provide Professional Development presentations to district staff on designated PD days.
- Responsible for gathering outcomes reporting for presentations/groups.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; Master’s Degree in Social Work/Counseling or related field preferred
- Valid Ohio LSW/LPC/LMFT required
- Knowledge of prevention; risk and protective factors and evidenced based practices.
- Strong clinical skills including expertise in family dynamics, crisis intervention, family education, behavioral interventions, and substance abuse therapy.
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities.
- Experience working with children, adolescents and their families in a school setting.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cleveland, OH 44102: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location