Assistant Football Coach, Offense Athletics
Ashland University Ashland, Ohio
assistant football coach athletics coach assistant football instruct team teach coaching recruiting interstate
February 4, 2023
Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). Ashland University offers a comprehensive 24-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
- Candidates must be able to teach proper technique and skill development in various aspects of football. This coaching position will work on the offensive side of the ball with the exact position requirements to be determined by the head coach.
- Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of football and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
- Applicants should be well versed and able to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety.
- A thorough understanding of NCAA and GMAC rules and regulations is required.
- An understanding of Ashland University s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
- This position requires the ability to recruit potential student-athletes. The assistant coach will have an assigned recruiting area and be responsible for providing thorough reports and assessments of potential student-athletes in that area. The assistant coach will assist the overall football program in reaching its stated roster goals.
- The assistant coach will be involved in game and practice preparation and be an on-field presence in both. He will take direction from the head coach. This position will be involved in weekly game plans and in scouting opposing teams.
- The assistant coach will coach a position group.
- This position will help in other areas, which can include assisting in monitoring academic performance, helping with football program projects including an annual golf tournament, assisting in the university s Day of Giving and a wide assortment of summer camps and clinics.
- This is a full-time position and the assistant coach will be active with in-season and off-season workouts. This includes spring practice, preseason practice and the traditional fall season.
- The assistant coach will be evaluated annually by the head football coach and the director of athletics.
- A bachelor s degree is required
- Candidates must have the ability to successfully teach and instruct student-athletes
- Previous coaching and/or playing experience on the college level is highly desired
- The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required
- This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills
- The ability to work weekends and evenings is required. This position requires extensive travel, both in recruiting and to games
Anticipated Start Date of New Hire
Anticipated Number of Hours Working per Week
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Desired Start Date
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Report this job