Nutrition Service Support- 7 HR
Purpose and Scope
Assists the School Nutrition Supervisor in the efficient operation of the cafeteria by preparing and serving nutritious and attractive meals for students and staff in a pleasant environment while maintaining a clean and sanitary work area.
Essential Job Functions
Requires High School diploma or GED plus an additional (6) six months of quantity food preparation or related experience. Must test negative on TB (tuberculosis) skin test.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master s degrees are required, years for Bachelor s Degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to work in areas which are often uncomfortable, wet, and slippery
- Ability to work in the temperatures found in hot kitchens and the walk-in refrigerators and freezers
- Ability to understand and adhere to safety procedures and take precautions required to avoid cuts, bruises, burns, scalds and falls
- Ability to understand and follow directions in English, both oral and written, to ensure safety of food preparation and service
- Ability to keep accurate records
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
SCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SCS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.