Position Type :
Student Nutrition Services
Date Posted : 11 / 14 / 2022
11 / 14 / 2022
Reports To : Director, SNS
FSLA Status : Exempt
Compensation : 904 (Salary determined by experience.)
Work Days : 242
FTE : 8 hours per day
Manager Nutrition - SNS
Position Summary :
Responsible for the successful direct leadership, supervision and management of all food and non-food operations of a $26m / year program that delivers meals on a daily basis to approximately 76 schools serving over 46,000 potential customers and the aspects of the USDA Child Nutrition Programs (CNPs) (e.
g., lunch, breakfast, after school snack, after school meal, summer foodservice, intersessions, fresh fruit and vegetable, and commodity distribution).
Coordinate the operation of CNPs with administrators, principals, staff, parents, students, and product vendors. Stay abreast of and implement healthy food choice options as appropriate and financially viable.
Essential Duties :
- Assists the Director with the development and implementation of short and long range plans for meeting existing and future goals of the district and department.
- Directs, plans, developments and monitors department menus and food and non-food purchases to ensure financial success of all Child Nutrition Programs (CNP).
- Administers and directs all aspects of food and non-food service operations and staff.
- Manages all operations of Food and Nutrition Service warehouse, including food and supply distribution and fleet maintenance.
- Oversees department's purchases and follows the district purchasing processes.
- Ensures compliance with all federal (USDA), state (Department of Education and Department of Human Services), county and district regulations relating to Child Nutrition Program (CNP).
- Prepares and submits Food and Nutrition Services annual, quarterly and weekly financial reports and other necessary reports and documentation as requested to the Executive Director.
- Assists with department marketing and promotion efforts.
- Complies and assists with all aspects of Human Resource management for department employees in accordance with all District and OKCPS Support Bargaining Agreement guidelines;
to include labor relations and contract negotiations.
- Assists with analysis of financial data and annual budget development.
- Assumes administration of Food and Nutrition Services department in absence of Director.
- Daily contact with OKCPS staff within the department and professional staff to recommend procedures, with OKCPS staff outside the department to resolve corrections and maintain relationships, and with students, parents, citizen committees, general public, state legislature / congressional staff, and the media to exchange information and maintain relationships;
with vendors / contractors in assisting to negotiate controversial matters; and with public agencies and local government to recommend policy.
Weekly contact with advisory committees to recommend policy, and with school support team and administrative leadership team to exchange information.
- Supervises direct and indirect reports which may include Operations Coordinators, Executive Chef and other positions as needed.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Markets and merchandise the school breakfast and lunch programs for a consistent and high level of student participation.
Responsible for both budget development and accountability.
Promotes an environment conducive to learning by ensuring students receive nutritious meals that comply with state and federal regulations.
Provide staff development and training when needed. The majority of time is not spent on the school site.
- Ensures work is guided by numerous state, federal, local, and district health and nutrition laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications : To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and / or ability required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and / or Abilities Required) :
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Hotel Restaurant Hospitality, Dietetics, Institutional Food Service Management or related field
- Five (5) years of food service management experience.
- Possession of a valid operator's driver's license and acceptable driving record as determined to meet district motor vehicle insurance coverage requirements.
- School Nutrition Association (SNA) Credentialing as School Nutrition Specialist required within 2 years.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English.
- Basic computer hardware and proficient software skills and experience.
- Knowledge and operation of commercial kitchen equipment.
- Ability to have independent thinking and judgment outside of the established rules, procedures, and laws.
- Experience with and knowledge of all phases of school food service operational management.
- Ability to analysis and apply professional knowledge and experience ensure nutritious meals, efficient operations, financial success, and compliance with state and federal laws.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and / or Abilities Preferred) :
Experience in Administrative and supervisory experience in school food service management.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements :
The working conditions and physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids.
- Hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone.
- Speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly.
- Physical agility to bend, stoop, climb stairs, walk, reach and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Duties are normally performed in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the supervisor or appropriate administrator.
Oklahoma City Public Schools reserves the right to, update, revise or change job duties as the need prevails. This document is for communication only and not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment.
T h e Board of Education and Superintendent may approve alternatives to the listed qualifications.
Last updated : 2022-11-24
Similar fresh manager jobs in midwest city ok
- fresh manager jobs jobs near me
- nutrition jobs near me
- Assistant Manager at Jjs Central Ok Dba Jimmy Johns
- Assistant Manager at Taco Bueno-Midwest City
- General Manager at Santa Fe Cattle Company (KWC, LLC)
- General Manager at Taco Bueno-Midwest City
- Emerging Store Manager at Walgreens
- General Manager (F) - Full-time / Part-time at Manna Inc
- Shift Manager at Arby's