Dining Services District Manager
Who We Are
Healthcare Services Group (HCSG) is an experienced partner managing housekeeping, laundry, dining, and nutritional services within the healthcare market. For over 45 years, we have provided essential services to thousands of healthcare communities across the country. As one of America's Most Trustworthy Companies, we have been recognized for treating our customers and employees fairly and pursuing excellence via an ever-evolving and expanding focus on training and developing team members at every level.
Our Company Purpose & Values
Our Purpose is Fostering Fulfillment In Communities.
Our Values, Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Passion & Perseverance (aka Grit) influence our decisions and the actions that follow in and out of the workplace.
Who You Are
You are driven, ambitious, have a personal calling for serving people, and desire to positively impact your community. You enjoy collaborating with others, aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves, and go beyond to get the job done. You have a passion and desire to deliver the highest customer and resident experience every day.
What We Offer
HCSG offers a comprehensive array of benefits to support our associates and their family’s health and well-being. Our goal is to promote welfare and health and enhance our associates' and their families' overall quality of life.
- Benefits - FREE Telemedicine and Prescription Discount Program and an array of medical, dental, vision, and other supplemental health plans. *Availability based on state.
- Training - We take the development and education of our associates very seriously. Our promotions-from-within philosophy opens the door to a stimulating and robust career with HCSG!
- Employee Assistance Programs - FREE access for employees and their families for health, financial, and family services to support our employees' welfare and mental and physical health.
- Employee Recognition Programs - We strive to recognize employees who live out our Company Purpose and are committed to #GoingBeyond for our Client, Resident, and Employee Communities!
- Going Beyond Assistance Fund - A 501(c)(3) nonprofit formed by HCSG to serve as a charitable employer-sponsored disaster relief organization to provide emergency, hardship, and disaster assistance, to HCSG employees and their dependents or family members.
- Paid - Holidays and Vacation for eligible employees.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - Investment opportunity available to all eligible employees after two years of service.
- Nationwide Opportunities - Transfers are available Nationwide – great for active Military and Family!
Keeping You Safe
- The safety and health of our employees and that of the resident communities that we serve are our Company's most significant priority.
- Personal Protective Equipment - All employees will be provided and required to wear appropriate PPE for all functions.
- COVID-19 Vaccination - Employees will be required to comply with all policies, as required by State, Local, and/or our Customers.
At HCSG, you will find a fulfilling, collaborative, committed, stimulating, and structured environment to help you succeed in serving our communities. We offer engaging opportunities for every phase of your career. HCSG is committed to providing growth and leadership opportunities to see you succeed!
- District Manager - Responsible for managing multiple accounts in an assigned territory according to policies and procedures and federal/state requirements. Able to perform the job assignments of the cook, prep cook, dietary aide, and dishwasher as necessary.
- Training & Development - Provides leadership, support, and guidance to ensure staff meets Dining Services quality standards, inventory levels, food safety guidelines, and customer service expectations. Weekly building tours with Account Manager to assess work quality using QCIs for documentation purposes.
- Reporting - Maintains accurate income and expenditures, supplies, food, personnel, and equipment records. Runs and reviews reports, approves payroll issues, reviews Employee Warning Notices, and assists/participates in the open enrollment process by providing information and collecting applications and waivers as necessary.
- Communication - Acts as liaison between building Account Manager, Administrators, and HCSG staff. Communicates all directives effectively to managers from administrators and HCSG operational leadership.
- Safety - Utilize protective gear in all appropriate functions. Knowledgeable in training safe and proper mixing and cleaning solutions while adhering to all safety precautions. Addresses equipment/cleaning product needs and or malfunctions in a timely fashion. Ensure the established standards, safety, and quality guidelines are met. Follow infection control and universal precautions policies and procedures to ensure that a sanitary environment is always achieved. Follow proper reporting, isolation, and handwashing procedures/techniques. Able to lead training, quality control procedures, and in-servicing of housekeeping staff.
- Punctuality - Consistent attendance and punctual arrival.
- Customer Experience - Positively represents HCSG by following instructions, being courteous, and cooperative with supervisors, co-workers, and client staff.
- Resident Experience - Positive, pleasant, and tactful interactions with residents, staff, and facility guests.
- Travel - Up to 75% of Travel is required for account/facility visits and participation in regional activities.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude with the ability to follow oral and written instructions, and perform routine, repetitive tasks daily.
- Bachelor’s degree in management or related field preferred. A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of experience in quantity food production/service and personnel supervision are desired.
- Specialized training in Dining Services management and nutrition is desirable.
- Must be able to complete regulatory compliance courses (sanitation and safety) and identify issues and implement necessary changes.
- Capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team in a diverse environment with highly developed interpersonal, analytical, and communication skills.
- Successful P&L and budgetary management skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with a proven track record of growing accounts.
- Must submit to a Motor Vehicle Check and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Basic computer skills, including web-based reporting.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English to communicate effectively with others.
- Compliance with COVID-19 Vaccination Policies, as required by State, Local, and/or Customers.
- Must be able to lift/carry a maximum of 50 pounds, push/pull a maximum of 50 pounds, stand, sit, bend and walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks continuously.
- Must be able to work around cleaning products.
- Willingness to relocate and live in the assigned market.
Healthcare Services Group, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Healthcare Services Group, Inc. complies with federal, state and local ordinances where such laws restrict the use of criminal background checks on individuals seeking employment with Healthcare Services Group, Inc.