Description: The Advancement Assistant supports the Advancement team with a focus on gift processing, data entry, communications and direct mail campaigns, as well as event planning. This position is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced team environment, gain hands-on experience, and learn valuable career-building skills.
Reports to: This position will support the entire office and will work closely with the Database Manager/Analyst but will primarily report to Leadership Giving.
- Process, file, and acknowledge all gifts and pledges, including matching gifts, credit card payments, make it monthly, PayPal, and employee payroll deductions.
- Update biographical data in the Raiser Edge database and prepare basic reports as needed.
- Prepare all acknowledgement letters for the organization.
- Oversee the preparation and logistics of invitations, direct mail and major gift appeals, and other development communications. Compile distribution lists, prepare materials, and assemble mailings.
- Create and manage giving platform campaigns including updates, incentives, challenges, offline gift importation, and general maintenance.
- Coordinate all Advancement event logistics, including invitations, RSVPs, facilities requests, work with vendors and onsite support.
- Co-lead the Alumni Transition Team as an advisor, working to engage the senior class as they transition from student to lifelong alumni in their relationship to WA. Help to educate them on the importance of giving back and develop programming that establishes their habit of giving. Assist with organizing annual promotion and selection of this leadership team. Schedule and oversee regular meetings and team programming.
- Maintain department operations manual.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Provide clerical and general office support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s or Associate s degree
- Minimum one-year prior development experience or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Raiser s Edge or similar fundraising database software preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to successfully interact with diverse groups of people.
- Creativity and flexibility
- Professionalism in all settings
- Display initiative and excellent judgment
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as required for events.