Investigations and Enforcement Assistant - (Job Number: 230004W8)
First consideration will be given to those applicants that apply within the first 14 days.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Under the direction of the Chief of Investigations and Enforcement (CIE), the Investigations and Enforcement Assistant provides administrative support to the CIE in a setting that requires the ability to handle various tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, and exercises good judgment in various situations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the day-to-day administrative operations for the CIE, including, but not limited to, scheduling appointments, meetings, and calls; organizing and managing files and other organizational tasks;
- Provide administrative support, including organizing Investigations and Enforcement (I&E) materials, as needed by the CIE and other members of the department;
- Monitor and maintain tracking and other information management systems for administrative and legal matters, including electronic and hard copy files;
- Support I&E staff in responding to general and compliance inquiries from the public along with public records requests;
- Participates in field inspections as needed or assigned;
- Monitor I&E department email along with the Case Management System response queues;
- Monitor and review large and time-sensitive documents for Chief of Investigations and Enforcement;
- Assist in onboarding and orientation for new I&E staff; and
- Special projects or tasks as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the highest standards of personal, professional, and ethical conduct and support the Commission s goals for a diverse and culturally aware workforce;
- Serves as liaison between the CIE, Commission staff, and Commissioners on logistical and scheduling matters; and
- Willingness and ability to work in Commission s Worcester headquarters.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Outstanding organizational skills, which include the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks under time constraints and with available resources;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills; must be able to interact with people at all levels within the Commission, with the entities regulated by the Commission, constituents, outside vendors, and members of the public;
- Exceptional character and professionalism;
- Ability to work confidentially and handle sensitive information;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast pace environment;
- Able to contribute actively to a work environment that embraces diversity;
- Ability to work productively, independently, and creatively in an evolving environment;
- Ability to meet expectations and accept personal responsibility for the work;
- Ability to work in a confidential manner and to handle sensitive information;
- Ability to accept personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and for meeting expectations; and
- Willingness to think creatively and to resolve problems;
- Commitment to building constructive working relationships;
- Must possess good judgment in making decisions and addressing problems;
- Must demonstrate proficiency with computers and the MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn state- and Commission-specific information technology systems;
- Must demonstrate an appreciation of attention to detail;
- Ability to establish administrative and compliance records;
- Willingness to perform administrative and clerical duties as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Paralegal Certificate, associate degree, or equivalent experience. Bachelor s degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of administrative experience in an office setting, law firm, corporation, or government agency.
Salary Range: $60,000 to 70,000
The Commission is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefits package to its employees. The specific components and eligibility may vary based on position classification, weekly work hours, and other variables. Therefore, specific benefits for this position may be discussed during the interview and offer process.
This position is non-civil service. This position is an exempt position.
The overall benefits available include: paid vacation, sick and personal leave time, health, dental and vision insurance through the Commonwealth s Group Insurance, and optional pre-tax Health Savings Account plans.
In addition, the Commission provides employees the opportunity to elect life insurance, long term disability insurance, deferred compensation savings, tuition remission and pre-tax commuter account plans, along with other programs.
The Commission employees also participate in the Commonwealth s State Retirement Plan, which can become a defined benefit plan for those that both vest and subsequently retire from State service. Follow this link for additional retirement information: http://www.mass.gov/treasury/retirement/state-board- of-retire/.
Commitment to Diversity:
The Commission is committed to building a diverse staff across its entire agency and at all levels. The Commission is an equal opportunity/affirmative action, employer.
Notice of Required Background Check Including Tax Compliance:
The Commission requires a background check on all prospective employees as a condition of employment.
Candidates should be aware of this requirement but should also know that such background check is not initiated until:
This background check includes a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check, Federal IRS and Department of Revenue state tax compliance on all prospective employees as a condition of their employment.
Candidates with advanced degrees and professional licenses may have these credentials verified. Individuals other than those references provided by a candidate may be contacted in the course of completing a full background and qualification check.
Those candidates invited to interview will be contacted by the Commission. Unfortunately, due to the anticipated high volume of applicants for this vacancy, we are unable to provide status updates to specific individual.