In addition to primary team duties, the Team Trainer supports Team Leadership to organize the training for all new and existing Team Members.
Ensures the high-quality, timely completion of New Member Orientation (NMO) for New Members, and supports Global, Regional, and department-specific training, including Compliance, Occupational Safety, Food Safety, Product Knowledge, and Customer Service.
Acts as a role model, maintaining a positive image and providing customer-obsessed service.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES :
DUTIES APPLYING TO TEAM TRAINER :
- Ensures new and ongoing store and team training programs are successfully delivered and completed.
- Organizes, tracks, reports, and maintains accurate training records using Whole Foods Market’s learning systems.
- Works within training deadlines and goals.
- Coordinates with Team Leaders and store Team Member Services Generalists to schedule New Member training during their first five shifts.
- Coordinates with New Members, Team Leadership, and Team Member Services Generalists on the timely completion of NMO, regularly communicating status toward completion.
- Attends Team Trainer meetings, as scheduled.
- Acts as a role model for constant food safety, sanitation procedures, and occupational safety.
- Trains all Team Members on new products, their differentiation, sales tactics, and department placement.
- Consistently practices and models proper care, use, and maintenance of all team equipment and PPE.
- Completes Team Trainer Certification and other assigned training.
- Familiarizes themselves with the Team Trainer Playbook and maintains engagement with all communication platforms.
DUTIES APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS
- Arrives to workstation on time, appropriately groomed, dressed according to Whole Foods Market’s Dress Code policy; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses customer needs quickly and effectively, and models suggestive selling techniques;
answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, Health and Sanitation, and Safe Work Practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with Whole Foods Market’s cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Store, Regional, or Global Leadership.
SKILLS APPLYING TO TEAM TRAINER
- Comfortable speaking with small and large groups and inspiring others.
- Capable of teaching others in a constructive and positive manner.
- General computer skills and basic knowledge of software applications (MS Office Suite).
- Working knowledge of Whole Foods Market’s learning systems.
SKILLS APPLYING TO ALL POSITIONS
- Strong communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for high-quality foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with Whole Foods Market’s quality goals.
6-12 months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour workday : standing / walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use : single grasping, fine manipulation pushing, and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions : bending, twisting, squatting, and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures : less than 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezers), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), greater than 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and / or cold environments.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Last updated : 2022-11-25