Director, Extension Nutrition Education
Montana State University Bozeman, Montana
director nutrition nutrition education education education nutrition management personnel nutrition education leadership snap ed evaluation
November 23, 2022
Montana State University
- Position Information Announcement Number STAFF - VA - 23171 For questions regarding this position, please contact: Carrie [email protected] Classification Title Program/Project Lead Working Title Director, Extension Nutrition Education Brief Position Overview Responsible for overall leadership and management of the SNAP-Ed and EFNEP grant programs, including overall grant, personnel and budget management for both programs in the state of Montana.
- Duties and Responsibilities Responsible for overall leadership and management of the SNAP-Ed and EFNEP grant programs including grant writing, program planning, personnel management (hiring and training), evaluation, reporting, and budget oversight for both programs in the state of Montana.
- Will collaborate with other agencies and partners at the university, state and federal level to represent both programs and engage in collaborative work to support nutrition education efforts and engage in policy, systems, and environment changes supporting nutrition and physical activity.
- Will write and submit grant plans annually, manage funds, interpret and apply guidance received from the federal agencies.
- Will directly supervise state level staff, and indirectly supervise all field staff.
- Will assess needs and identify and plan for the use and evaluation of curriculum materials and interventions.
- Will work with the Assistant Director to provide training and professional development for SNAP-Ed and EFNEP field faculty and paraprofessionals.
- Will undertake a continuous and cohesive program of professional development.
- Will utilize technological resources including e-mail and web conferencing platforms to communicate with Extension personnel and others.
- Will ensure compliance with civil rights and affirmative action policies.
- Will comply with all Extension federal, state, university, agency, and department reporting requirements.
- Will assist with statewide functions and perform Family and Consumer Science related committee assignments related to Extension programs.
- Required Qualifications Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills Master s degree in nutrition, dietetics, health education, education, public health or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with university, state, or federal leaders individually and on coalitions or committees.
- Demonstrated project or program management experience, preferably with federal grants.
- Experience and strong skills in program planning, proposal development, personnel leadership and budget management.
- Preferred Qualifications Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills Experience leading, managing, and teaching nutrition education programs.
- Previous experience with Extension.
- Expertise and experience with a variety of methods of program evaluation and reporting.
- Experience collaborating or leading policy, systems, or environment change approaches to support positive health, nutrition, or physical activity behaviors.
- The Successful Candidate Will Will have the ability to build effective collaborations with others including diverse audiences, state agencies and partners, advisory groups, professional peers, classified staff and volunteers.
- Have the ability to work as a team member with a variety of audiences including university faculty, program assistants, support staff, and agency partners.
- Will possess excellent human relations skills, the ability to work effectively with other staff members, evidence of good judgment, flexibility and innovativeness in order to respond to the changing needs of the clientele of the program and the agencies involved.
- Will be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- The successful candidate will also have a familiarity with multi-cultural and different socioeconomic audiences, an interest in working with people from diverse backgrounds (including low-income audiences), and a commitment to the principles of diversity.
- Position Special Requirements/Additional Information Must possess currently or be eligible to obtain a valid State of Montana Driver s license and have an acceptable driving record (less than 12 points), or have other reliable means of transportation.
- Must have access to a vehicle to use for work (mileage will be reimbursed), and have minimum vehicle liability insurance.
- Do NOT send a copy of the driver s license.
- This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job.
- Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Physical Demands Extensive travel throughout the state of Montana and occasional travel throughout the country, handling and operating a variety of educational equipment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This position has supervisory duties?
- Yes Posting Detail Information Number of Vacancies 1 Desired Start Date Upon completion of a successful search.
- Position End Date (if temporary) Open Date Close Date Applications will be: Screening of applications will begin on December 27, 2022; however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
- Special Instructions Diversity Statement Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment.
- MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
- In compliance with the Montana Veteran s Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans.
- To claim veteran s preference please complete the veteran s preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
Report this job
Similar dietetic assistant jobs in bozeman mt
- dietetic assistant jobs jobs near me
- nutrition jobs near me
- Resident Associate Nutrition Specialist (Additional Compensation Available) at Bozeman Health
- Nutrition Office Coordinator - Full-Time at Bozeman Health
- Food and Nutrition Associate (PT- Nights) at Bozeman Health
- Nutrition associate at Bozeman Health
- Dietary Aid (PT- 16 hours/ week) at Bozeman Health
- Nutrition Retail Associate Cashier / Server - Casual Call at Bozeman Health
- Director, Extension Nutrition Education at Montana State University