Facility Manager, Athletics Department
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $58,000.
ABOUT ALEUT FEDERAL
At Aleut Federal, we believe the company and its mission is just as important as the job you are applying for. Aleut Federal is an Alaskan Native-owned enterprise whose purpose is to support our Shareholders, the Unangax, the indigenous people of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska. People are at the core of everything we do. We support our Shareholders by providing excellent service and quality results to our Clients, the various branches of the federal government. We engage in our local markets, so community service is embedded into our process.
Our culture nurtures the strength of our workforce through mentorship and coaching, providing opportunities for growth, and competitive benefits. We support and encourage diversity, inclusion, and accountability at every level.
The Aleut Federal motto is We are One because we truly believe that with one heart, one mind, and one purpose, we can accomplish our mission and be an organization anyone would be proud to be a part of.
The Facility Manager for the Athletic Department supports the Program Manager by serving as liaison between field operations and other members of the project team including subcontractors for the assigned scope of work/facilities. They ensure project requirements are known to the Project Team in a timely manner and obtain project responses to needs of other members of the Project Team such as Quality Control, Safety, Finance, IT, Human Resources and the Program Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The primary AD facilities this position oversees are the Cadet Field House, the Falcon Athletic Center, the Cadet Gymnasium, Falcon Stadium, the Holaday Athletic Center, USAF Combatives Center of Excellence Compound, and 153 acres of athletic fields. AD supports 25 different physical education classes, 14 intramural sports, and 29 intercollegiate sports.
- Responsible for managing successful execution of the SOW requirements for the Athletic Department (sometimes referred to as the Directorate of Athletics) including, but not limited to, operating from locations in AD, facility access and other facility support, athletic equipment and supply management, operational support for physical education, intramural, and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) requirements, athletic equipment and clothing management, and event support.
- Ensure trained/qualified staffing resources are in place to meet service delivery requirements of the SOW;
- Ensure material, equipment, subcontract resources are available to meet service delivery requirements of the SOW;
- Work with the Program Manager to establish systems and measures to collect, monitor, evaluate and report information at the corporate, regional and business unit levels for key performance indicators and compliance with established goals, objectives, standards and policies.
- Continually review and recommend alternative execution strategies to improve effectiveness of company s operational and financial management of the program relative to these facilities.
- Ensure safety and security of employees, subcontractors, and customers by implementing appropriate precautionary and preventive measures, including staff training, to handle emergencies and other such events.
- Instill and reinforce the development of an outstanding customer service culture while ensuring all customer service issues are handled expeditiously and with careful attention.
- Ensure the Program Manager is capable of properly forecasting, budgeting, costing work in your assigned area.
- Execute procurement/material management to ensure timely ordering, efficient materials on hand and maintenance of critical equipment and supplies can be accomplished for your assigned facilities.
- In accordance with company HR policies and procedures, and in conjunction with Program Manager, participate in reviews of supporting staff in your area of responsibility.
- Advise the program management team on key planning issues and make suggestions/recommendations on important business decisions at the facility and program level.
- Review, revise and make recommendations for operational instructions, guidelines, process, and procedure improvements.
- Participate in regular meetings with the Program Management Team to ensure priorities are clear, service level delivery is understood, and coordination of deliverables/timelines are sound.
- Assist the PM with preparation of the annual mission essential contractor services plan for your assigned facilities.
- Serve as the liaison with first responders (fire and/or security) and Emergency Management (EM) staff in the event of an incident and facilitate communication to the USAFA Director of Staff, or other appointed Government representative, by inspecting facilities following the all-secure notification to authorize all-clear.
- Inspect facilities and grounds, complete checklist, and input work orders weekly to maintain the high facility standards demanded in the facilities.
- Submit to the PM a bi-weekly report detailing the results of inspections, listing work requests submitted, work requests completed, and work requests still in process and notify the PM of un-corrected facility emergencies which will impact the occupants.
- Prepare/submit/call in base support service requests and act as liaison for facility and grounds issues/requirements. Submit facility maintenance and minor repair requirements to the 10 CES service call desk.
- Submit to the PM a weekly report detailing the results of inspections, listing work requests submitted, work requests completed, and work requests still in process and notify the PM when 10 CES does not provide timely status of work requests. Track work orders for their areas/facilities from submission to completion.
- Follow processes outlined in the USAFA Facility Manager program as implemented by 10 CES to submit work requests for the correction of facility and grounds deficiencies.
- Bachelor s degree preferred or equivalent years of related experience
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) preferred
- Certified or be able to be a Certified Facility Manager (CFM)
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience, including experience operating and monitoring the buildings and grounds of an organization, corporation, institution, or any other entity that has significant physical property.
- Knowledge of project/facility management (i.e., budgeting, job costing/estimating, procurement and contract management).
- Experience managing staff to SOW requirements, change orders management, assist with/prepare requests for quote/proposal in coordination with the Program Management Team and preparation of other contract/company required technical documents required for specific facilities
- Understanding of quality assurance (QA)/quality control (QC) processes and procedures.
- Working knowledge with a minimum of 5 years direct field experience directly involved in; facilities maintenance, achieving milestone/schedule deliverables, reporting progress for completion of work.
- Experience interacting with federal agencies (i.e., USAF, US Army, Navy, DOD).
- Experience managing subcontractors which includes scope development, contract oversight and tracking performance to work completion.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds at a time and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time
- Must have sufficient endurance to perform tasks over long periods of time.
- This is an Onsite position that requires work to be performed onsite at an Aleut location.
- Working both indoors and outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions and potentially austere environments.
- Regularly exposed to industrial environments involving equipment, electrical or mechanical hazards, elevated work areas, confined spaces, dust, hazardous materials, and odors
- Potential exposure to continuous loud noise produced by machinery and/or equipment.
- Work requires exposure to heat/cold, noise, dusts, mist, and/or fumes.
- Must be able to work in personal protective equipment including but not limited to: safety glasses, fall-protection harness, protective footwear, hard hat, gloves, hearing protection, a full or half mask respirator, and/or face mask.
- Must possess a valid, unrestricted driver s license and acceptable driving record in the state of employment.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background screening.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening.
Microsoft Office 365 Suite