To Apply please go to the below link:
POSITION SUMMARY: MEDICAL ASSISTANT
The Medical Assistant is the patient centric and helpful face of Essential Healthcare Group (EHG) Medical Assistant perform clinical functions such as taking history and vital signs, documentation results, coordinating lab and prescription orders, and assisting with minor office procedures. Assures optimal patient flow within the clinical areas and communicates issues with physicians, clinical, administrative staff and management and customer service work in support of the company as a whole.
- Assists clinical personnel during patient visits.
- Remains with the patient during the exam.
- Completes timely and accurate documentation of patient visits.
- Obtains and documents vital signs and lab work.
- Collects specimens.
- Labels and completes lab requisitions, including ICD and CPT coding.
- Sends specimens to lab per patient’s insurance plan.
- Performs reconciliation of labs and orders and independently follows-up on overdue pending results.
- Performs all duties within HIPAA regulations.
- Processes prescriptions and orders as directed by provider.
- Prepares exam rooms.
- Stocks rooms and reorders supplies. Ensures supplies are received as ordered; follows up on incomplete or inaccurate orders.
- Sterilizes instruments in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Performs patient education.
· Retrieves voice mail messages and communicates to appropriate staff. Returns/triages telephone calls if applicable.
· Communicates, under clinical supervision, medical results to patients.
- Ensures all outside records are incorporated into chart or EHR.
- Tracks medical non-compliance and contacts patients as needed.
- Completes requests for medical records.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reads and abides by the company’s code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so
- Support and abide by the values of the company
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Understanding of the healthcare industry and its evolving trends
· Strong customer service orientation, results oriented; resolves problems in a timely manner
· Excellent communication, collaboration, and organization skills
· Proficiency with EMR systems and software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite
· High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
· A minimum of (1-2) year(s) of related experience and/or training preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to use an electronic health record
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
· Registered Medical Assistant or Certified Medical Assistant certification or license required
· RN or LPN
· CME as required
· Active CPR certification, BLS or ACLS, if applicable
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight. Adapts to changing business needs, conditions, and work responsibilities. Earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions. Understands and learns from what others say. Manages own time, priorities, and resources to achieve goals. Conveys ideas and facts orally using language the audience will best understand. Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables. Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently while maintaining a professional, courteous manner. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized. High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information. Must be able to exercise good judgment and positively influence and lead others, including handling confrontations with poise and efficiency.
Proficient computer skills (including, but not limited to accounting software; Windows based spreadsheet/word processing package, Internet and email) required.
Based on business need, the ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends as approved in advance.
CORPORATE CORE VALUES:
Puzzle Solving-Turning challenges into opportunities in a collaborative, agile and creative way
Excellence-On a never-ending quest to improve and exceed expectations
Ownership-Taking responsibility for our actions, relationships and partners’ success
Positive Environment-Respectful, caring, trusting and supportive of the team
Leadership-Leading by example, staying true to our values and dreams
Ethics-Committing to always doing the right thing guided by integrity and transparency
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Works within well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts. If working within corporate office, noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
To Apply please go to the below link:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 - $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Vital signs: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: One location