Assistant Coach, INT Girls Soccer - Athletics
Punahou Athletics plays an integral role in the student experience. The philosophy of Punahou Athletics encourages student athletes , within the framework of the educational mission of the school, to be the best that they can be, to be the best team person and to be a true team player with the idea that this is what defines winning. The Athletics Department supports more than 120 teams in over 30 sports. Punahou s athletic teams have enjoyed unparalleled success since the school was founded in 1841. The school also received notable recognition in Sport Illustrated as the top high school athletic program in the country. The coaching staff at Punahou School plays a significant role in the success of its Athletics program and the education of our students.
Punahou School is actively recruiting an Assistant Coach for the Intermediate Soccer Team. The Assistant Coach position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the needs of the sport within the Athletic Program. This position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coaching a Soccer team in an educational setting, good communication, and organizational skills, physical ability to demonstrate positions usual to the sport, and a positive and effective track record of coaching performance.
- Work Year: 3 Months
- School Year: 2022-2023
- Work Hours: Monday - Friday late afternoons, and weekends
- College degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two (2) years of positive and effective experience and a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic program as a head coach, or other significant leadership experience in building and maintaining a successful large school program preferred.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the intermediate and high school level.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of off-season expectations for student athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.
Similar jobs near me
- Tips for Securing a Job in Engineering Teaching
- The Role of an Engineering Teacher: Developing Tomorrow's Technologists
- The Path to Teaching with an Bachelor's Engineering Degree
- Become a Champion of Engineering Education: Essential Knowledge for Teachers
- How to Turn Your Engineering Degree into a Teaching Career