Assistant Coach, Boys JV/Varsity Paddling - Athletics
Punahou Athletics plays an integral role in the student experience. The philosophy of Punahou Athletics encourages student athletes , within the framework of the educational mission of the school, to be the best that they can be, to be the best team person and to be a true team player with the idea that this is what defines winning. The Athletics Department supports more than 120 teams in over 30 sports. Punahou’s athletic teams have enjoyed unparalleled success since the school was founded in 1841. The school also received notable recognition in Sport Illustrated as the top high school athletic program in the country. The coaching staff at Punahou School plays a significant role in the success of its’ Athletics program and the education of our students.
Punahou School is actively recruiting an Assistant Coach for the Boys JV/Varsity Paddling Team. The Assistant Coach position is responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the needs of the sport within the Athletic Program. This position assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. The ideal candidate will have previous experience coaching a Paddling team in an educational setting, good communication, and organizational skills, physical ability to demonstrate positions usual to the sport, and a positive and effective track record of coaching performance.
Department: Athletics - Paddling
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Year: 3 Month
School Year: 2022-2023
Work Hours: Monday - Friday late afternoons, and weekends
- College degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two (2) years of positive and effective experience and a track record of leadership in a successful interscholastic program as a head coach, or other significant leadership experience in building and maintaining a successful large school program preferred.
- Background in teaching preferred, with experience working with adolescents.
- Knowledge of the value of athletics and competition at the intermediate and high school level.
- Substantial knowledge of the game as demonstrated through the development of comprehensive practice plans, offensive and defensive schemes, implementation of off-season expectations for student athletes, and the implementation of effective and contemporary teaching/coaching practices.
Similar coaching positions jobs in honolulu hi
- coaching positions jobs jobs near me
- athletics jobs near me
- Executive & Wellness Coaches at Fingerprint For Success
- Varsity girls coach at Kamehameha Schools
- JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam (OB)- Preschool Soccer Coach - Primary Position at Tiny Troops Soccer
- Assistant Coach, Boys JV/Varsity Paddling - Athletics at Punahou School
- Coaches (Volunteer) at Christian Academy
- Private Baseball Coach at SkillZDr
- Soccer Coach at Keiki Kicks