DENSO Southfield, Michigan
account manager manager sales pricing management engineering plants personnel phase marketing accounts accounts receivable analysis
February 5, 2023
DENSO is looking for an experienced Account Manager for their Stellantis Sales Department handling mobility products.
- Acts as a liaison between customers, plants and affiliate personnel in managing, implementing and negotiating complex and non-standard commercial and business related issues. Coordinates and provides support in all program activities from initial product concept to product phase out.
- Assists in developing and implementing customer and product based strategies for specific products/commodities. Supports business expansion activities. Cultivates, expands and maintains relationships with customers in order to identify potential and/or future business opportunities. Utilizes and presents competitor pricing analysis and may make strategic recommendations on how to improve and implement approved strategies. Keeps abreast of current products. Partners with engineering personnel to learn of emerging technology and coordinate new and existing programs.
- Interacts with and acts as a liaison between DENSO plants and headquarters regarding customer requirements in negotiations related to products designed in Japan.
- With the help of management, develops and executes accurate and complete sales plans. Ensures maintenance and expansion activities support sales plan. Develops and reviews sales plans with management and recommends and explains ranking, pricing and/or volume strategy for products. Reviews variance analysis and other related information to ensure accuracy and provides detailed reports for management.
- Negotiates, and guides lower level colleagues in negotiating, product and related sales and marketing issues with customers, affiliates and DNJP.
- Reviews request for quotation (RFQ) materials and related information. Works with internal departments including engineering and marketing management to proceed with quote process. Reviews information related to competitors, markets and customer; reviews engineering and purchasing opinions; helps develop and implement a pricing strategy or approach and presents and negotiates approved pricing to the customer including “total cost” (tooling, logistics and packaging).
- Coordinates cost-related commercial and business activities, as required. May help develop strategies and tactics for improving profitability. Tracks profitability. Analyzes and follows-up with customers and/or plants to negotiate value-added opportunities. May analyze and review annual percentage rate (APR) lists and make appropriate recommendations to top management based on product pricing strategies, customer road maps and/or internal targets.
- Ensures accounts receivable (A/R) information is accurate and inclusive. Works with accounts receivable department to resolve purchase order (PO) discrepancies and assist with resolving accounts receivable issues. May be involved with complex negotiations related to the resolution of pricing discrepancies with customers or DENSO plants or other situations requiring more decisions.
- Leads materials management, production control and plant personnel in product phase-out activities. Supports negotiating product phase-outs with customer to ensure no obsolescence. Reviews customer specific service agreements related to post-production and take appropriate action.
- May support lower level sales staff and manage the issues related to prototype parts including ordering, negotiating the delivery timing, price and payment. Follows up and ensures the adherence to internal related processes and procedures.
- Completes, maintains and ensures adherence to policy, contract and related information as outlined in DIAM standards processes (e.g., DIAM Operating System). Follows up with customer to gather information and/or assist with the resolution of discrepancies.
- Provides guidance, coaches and oversees the work of lower level colleagues. May provide input into performance evaluations. Provides training on DENSO processes and customer-specific requirements and processes. Provides guidance to and coaches expatriate associates, as appropriate.
- Analyzes current processes and systems. Identifies and implements activities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of sales and marketing activities.
- May serve as Program Leader, in conjunction with engineering personnel. Ensures the completion of milestones A-C. Tracks and reviews project status of milestones D-J.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related field
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Preferred previous experience in the automotive industry
- $77,860 - $91,600
- Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug plans
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K with 4% company match
- Bonus Program
- Wellness Program
- Onsite Fitness Center (vary by location)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Career Development and Ongoing Training
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Cafeteria and food markets (vary by location)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee recognition (employee and milestone events)
Report this job