WIC Nutritionist Per Diem
The Program Nutritionist provides nutrition services to WIC applicants and participants.
We are seeking Per Diem experienced WIC Nutritionist's (currently working or worked as a WIC nutritionist in Massachusetts in the past 2 years) to join our WIC team. We have all schedules available including evenings until 7pm and Saturdays 9am-1pm. This position is remote at this time. Bilingual Spanish highly desired.
- Provides nutrition care to high-risk women, infants and children under the supervision of the senior nutritionist, including all aspects of:
- Anthropometric and hematological data collection
- Dietary assessment, nutritional risk assessment and food package prescription
- Nutrition and breastfeeding counseling and education
- Documentation and data entry
- Referrals to other health and social services
- Follow-up nutrition education
- Participates in planning, development and evaluation of:
- Educational materials and group nutrition education sessions
- Participant counseling and education strategies
- Nutrition in-services and outreach activities
- Assists senior nutritionist in:
- Training paraprofessional WIC staff
- Conducting quality assurance activities
- Communicates with health care community on issues pertaining to participant needs.
- Provides nutrition care for low-risk applicants and participants as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, Foods and Nutrition, or Nutrition Education
- Master's degree in Public Health Nutrition, Nutrition, or Food and Nutrition preferred
- Registration with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, or licensure with the Massachusetts Board of Registration of Dietitians and Nutritionists preferred
- One year of experience in clinical or community nutrition preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making capabilities
- Excellent communications skills
- Interest in nutrition and maternal child health
- Bilingual Spanish, Portuguese, Vietnamese or French strongly preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.