Thomas Health South Charleston, West Virginia
patients diet nutrition patient care screening laboratory care plans monitoring consulting health health care professionals nurse pharmacists
January 23, 2023
South Charleston, West Virginia
- JOB SUMMARY
- The Clinical Dietitian performs patient care nutritional activities. These include screening patient nutritional status, assessing laboratory values and other pertinent information, developing appropriate care plans, monitoring the status of patients, counseling patients and families on special nutritional requirements, consulting with other health care professionals (physicians, nurse, pharmacists, etc.) as appropriate, and coordination of quality improvement activities. The Clinical Dietitian is responsible for successfully coordinating the activities of the diet office through the diet aides. The highest possible client and customer satisfaction and employee relations are to be maintained.
- Bachelor s degree in Foods and Nutrition.
- Must be licensed within the State of WV
- At a minimum must be must be Dietetics Registry eligible with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) preferred.
- COMPUTER/TYPING/MATH SKILLS
- Requires knowledge in use of personal computers and hospital s computer system.
- JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Requires strong interpersonal skills that exhibit a commitment to the hospital s mission and core values.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, including excellent listening skills, requires empathy and compassion toward others.
- Requires the ability to function with minimal direct supervision.
Report this job