Assistant Athletics Director for Internal Affairs
Oklahoma City University Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
assistant athletics director internal affairs athletics director management sports coordinate competition operations senior administrator
November 19, 2022
Oklahoma City University
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Position Summary:The Assistant Athletics Director for Internal Affairs is responsible for the day-to-day business affairs of the department, facility management and competition operations, and supervision of assigned staff.
- The individual may serve as the Senior Woman Leader (SWL) if designated by the Director of Athletics and may serve as a sport administrator for assigned sports.
- for the department.
- Coordinate technology assistance requests with Campus Technology Services.
- Receive, prioritize, and distribute incoming mail, faxes, e-mail, etc.
- Sport AdministrationProvide programmatic oversight for assigned sports and their respective coaching staffsMay serve as the Senior Woman Leader (SWL) if designated by the Director of AthleticsOther duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Required SkillsAbility to manage the day-to-day business operations of the athletics department (i.e., accounts payable and receivable) using knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting procedures and skills in basic math.
- Skills related to the management of multiple facilities.
- Competition and event contract writing, fulfillment, and management abilities.
- Sport administrator (for a variety of sports) skills and abilities.
- Strong organizational skills resulting in the ability to prioritize workload and meet short-term deadlines on a regular basis.
- Ability to coordinate scheduling requirements with multiple organizations and agencies.
- Attention to detail while maintaining an understanding of the big picture.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a computer, printer, applicable software, and multi-function office machine (copy, scan, fax).
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to travel for work-related activities.
- Ability to coordinate concessions at competitions.
- Ability to operate public address and scoreboard systems.
- Ability to supervise assigned staff.
- Ability to serve as a liaison to campus departments and external partners.
- Ability to represent the Director of Athletics when necessary.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, NAIA rules.
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
- Required ExperienceBachelors degree required.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Accounting experience/training preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in similar roles in a collegiate athletics department (or other related experience) is required.
- Experience in facilities and event management is required.
- A suitable combination of education and experience may be substituted for minimum qualifications.
Report this job
Similar affairs manager jobs in midwest city ok
- affairs manager jobs jobs near me
- athletics jobs near me
- Executive Director at Midwest Health
- Sr. Study Manager-In Vitro Diagnostics (US Remote) at ICON Strategic Solutions
- Assistant Vice President - Admin Services-ADMIN at University Of Central Oklahoma
- Clinical Team Manager/Study Start-up at ICON Strategic Solutions
- Regulatory Systems Manager - Remote Based in the US at ICON Strategic Solutions
- Area Director at Taco Bueno | Taco Supremo Management Oklahoma, LLC
- Internal Auditor at Cabinet-Wide Audit Office for the OK...