Associate General Counsel — Regulatory
Zero Hash is a trailblazing company that facilitates the storage of digital assets, on and off-chain settlement, and verifiable proof of assets for transactions. We are looking for an experienced associate general counsel to help ensure the company assists with regulatory filings and licensing. If you enjoy working in an innovative fast-paced environment where you can contribute every day, then we would love to hear from youResponsibilities
- Advising business and technology stakeholders in product, engineering, IT, business development, marketing, and compliance on issues related to compliance with laws and regulations on state and federal consumer protection, securities, payments, money transmission, banking, and commodities requirement
- Build relationships with regulatory authorities, respond to regulatory requests and examinations, and manage regulatory obligations
- Provide creative, practical legal advice to business partners on a wide range of matters on very short timelines, including: business development, corporate development, venture investments, financing, protocol development, and new product enablement
- Draft, review, and negotiate legal documents such as contracts, statements, agreements, policies, etc. and manage outside counsel
- Interface with external parties to represent and develop a regulatory position
- General corporate governance, including matters pertaining to regulated and non-regulated domestic and international entity governance
- Be an outstanding collaborator with colleagues in legal, finance, accounting, corporate development, product, operations, compliance, tax, equity, compensation, and other areas.
- Performing other ad-hoc corporate legal related duties in alignment with strategic business plans
- 5+ years of legal experience, preferably with in-house experience at a high-growth fintech company
- Knowledge of liquidity and trading systems a strong plus
- Passion for crypto, blockchain technologies, DeFi, DAOs, and/or NFTs
- Juris doctor from accredited law school
- Experience working in private practice, in-house, or at a government/regulatory agency, with exposure to financial regulatory matters, technology, media, telecommunications, and preferably Web3.0 related matters
- Self-motivated, team player with the ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a keen awareness of legal issues in regulatory and corporate matters
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Zero Hash covers roughly 100% of employee premiums as well as a portion of spouse/children
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness Program
- Equity Ownership and Early Exercise
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Educational budget of $1000
- WFH stipend of $500
- WeWork All Access Membership
- Visa Sponsorship
Zero Hash is a B2B embedded infrastructure platform that allows any platform to integrate digital assets natively into their own customer experience quickly and easily (a matter of API endpoints). We power neo-banks, broker-dealers, and payment groups to offer digital asset trading and custody, crypto-backed rewards and round-ups programs as well as yield through staking and DeFi and NFTs.
Our thesis is very simple: every financial services firm will offer digital assets within the next 2 years and will do so through platforms such as Zero Hash. Zero Hash is defining the new FinTech vertical of digital-assets-as-a-service.
Clients include MoneyLion, Wirex, Deserve, MoonPay, tastytrade, Drivewealth. Backed by Point72 Ventures, NYCA, Bain Capital, tastytrade.The Zero Hash Culture
All Zero Hash employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence/Ownership - An ability to work autonomously. Join Zero Hash, pitch ideas, and shape the work you do.
- Passion - We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. We want you to think big, be creative and make a difference every day.
- Collaborative - A good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers. Everything we do is a shared success and equally a shared failure - we talk in terms of “we” not “me”.
- Initiative - An ability and passion for learning and asking questions. We will champion you, challenge you and push you to achieve your best - and we expect you to do the same.
- Empathy - An ability to listen, respect, and understand your co-workers, customers, and everyone you interact with no matter how different they are to you.
- Adaptability - An ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
- Transparency - We believe that transparency is critical to empowering everyone to make the best decisions, both the company to its people and vice versa.
- Integrity - Integrity creates trust. As both an organization collectively and as individuals, it is our most valuable asset.
For candidates based in Colorado, please contact colorado-wages @zerohash.com to request compensation and benefits information regarding a particular role(s). Please include with you email the city you reside (or intend to reside in Colorado) and the title/link to the roles you're interested in.]]>