Food Operations Manager 2
Do you possess strong leadership skills and enjoy managing people, processes and projects?
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager 2 to support our West Coast, Senior Services division and several other expanding markets. This position will assist the Area Support Senior Manager and various work stream leaders with culinary and operations support at our existing senior living units and champion pre-opening preparations for new pieces of business.This role demands extensive travel, strong culinary skills, stellar organizational and structuring competency, and a demonstrated track record of successful collaboration/partnership with different teams.
Expected travel areas are CA, WA, AZ, TX, IN, MN. Typical schedule is 10 days on with 4 days off. The ideal candidate will reside in Southern California with easy access to an airport.
The successful candidate will:
- direct and supervise kitchen as well as dining room operations and designated back of house and front of house staff;
- ensure that the highest possible standards of food handling and preparation are achieved;
- control and ensure the company's and client's financial targets are achieved;
- engage with peers, colleagues and patrons in a manner that invites interaction and feedback.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in a recognized concept
- have completed a recognized concept manager training program
- continuously update industry knowledge on current food trends and ingredients, making sure they lead the way in innovation and originality;
- have commercial acumen and a good level of computer literacy;
- are enthusiastic, confident and warm, with a positive approach to tasks with a can-do attitude and impeccable attention to detail
- Must have a valid Driver License.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
Sodexo offers extensive benefits way beyond medical, dental and life insurances, we have Circles Concierge services to help you through everyday life demands, a Matching 401K, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Business Resource Groups to provide a safe space and supportive environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work and develop professionally. Learn more about Sodexo’s Benefits, Our successful hires will foster an environment where our team members feel they belong, and are seen, valued and heard.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements:
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.