Busy multi-specialty practice in Manhattan is seeking an ambitious, knowledgeable, and compassionate Medical Assistant. The Medical Assistant will be working under the direction of the Physician, Physician Assistant or Manager to perform direct clinical activities in a courteous, caring and respectful manner. These include patient intake, blood draw, pharmacy calls, EKG, spirometry and any tests required by the physician or physician assistant. Responsible for accurately documenting in an EMR system (AthenaHealth) in accordance with licensure and office policy and procedures. Maintains close working relationships with all practice staff to ensure proper workflow, care and treatment.
High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a formal Medical Assistant program that is recognized by the State of New York. Completion of formal coursework in medical practice and office management. Computer literacy required.
- BCLS certification preferred upon hire, will be required.
- Understanding of the operations of a medical practice preferred.
- Strong orientation towards the provisions of high quality and comprehensive medical care.
- Ability to use effective organizational and time management skills to set priorities and respond quickly to urgent/emergent situations.
- Strong communication skills both oral, written and presentation skills to convey information in a clear and concise manner to persons of varied age groups, customers and/or groups.
- Must be comfortable with all ages - children, adults - we are a family practice.
- Enforces and upholds compliance with HIPAA and infection control standards set forward by OSHA
- Vaccine Management
- Temperature log for vaccine refrigerator(s)
- Creates and updates patient forms and templates for clinic use.
- Ability to create, maintain and support a high functioning team; establish and foster cooperative working relationships with staff and management; and function effectively as part of that team.
- Demonstrates behavior that is courteous, caring, respectful, and compassionate at all times.
- Demonstrates ability to listen and respond in a non-judgmental manner, with clear expectations.
- Ability to represent the organization positively at all times.
- Ability to respect confidentiality of private healthcare, financial and other company information at all times.
- Ability to honor commitments to the job and members of the team.
- Ability to speak constructively about co-workers and the organization.
- Ability to assume responsibilities and accountability for job duties and organizational responsibilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Urgent Care
- Afternoon shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- Rotating weekends
Work Location: One location
Similar ma jobs near me in new york
- ma jobs near me jobs near me
- medical assistant jobs near me
- Medical Assistant at Tribeca Pediatrics
- Medical Assistant - Brooklyn, NY at Visiting Docs
- Medical Assistant at Vocational Instruction Project Community Services Inc.
- Health Care Associate (Medical Assistant) - Manhattan, NY at Planned Parenthood of Greater New York
- Senior Software Engineer - Developer Efficiency at Datadog
- Marketing Associate at Dotdigital
- Video Editor at BuzzFeed